Practice Areas for Gomez Edwards Law Group
Let Our San Jose Family Law Firm Help
Legal matters involving family members are often the most stressful — especially those involving children. Whether you are a victim of domestic violence, seeking child custody and/or filing for divorce, you have already made one of the most difficult decisions of your life by deciding to pursue legal action. Fortunately, choosing your legal representation does not have to be as difficult. While you have the option to represent yourself, know that an experienced California family law attorney can help protect you throughout long and arduous proceedings — ensuring that you and your family are able to face the future with renewed certainty.
The knowledgeable owners and reputable family law attorneys at Gomez Edwards Law Group, LLP, Lauren Edwards and Natalie Gomez, are both equally dedicated to helping each and every one of their clients as if they were their own family members. Collectively, they have been practicing family law for over a decade and possess a deep first-hand understanding of the emotional toll that domestic violence, divorce and/or child custody cases have on a family. Due to such experience in this field, Natalie and Lauren strive to bring an empathetic passion to each one of their cases.
Family Law Practice Areas
Do I Really Need a Family Law Attorney?
While it is not court mandated for you to have a lawyer present during family law proceedings, it is still highly recommended to hire the services of an experienced family law attorney — especially if your case involves the following:
- Contested divorce. You need an attorney on your side to advocate for your best interests and advise you of your options if your divorce is contested.
- Child custody and child support. A family law attorney can assist you in determining what is best for your child and your family.
- Domestic violence. Issues of domestic violence are emotional and psychologically challenging, and you may even fear for your physical safety. An attorney can help you explore all of your options, including restraining orders. Additionally, with a lawyer on your side, you do not need to face your abuser alone.
- Mediation. Family law mediation can help you avoid the courtroom and resolve issues peacefully and settle on child custody arrangements that work for everyone. However, you should still have your own legal advocate on your side who can ensure that the outcome maintains your rights.
- Appearances in court. If litigation is unavoidable, then you should have an advocate with courtroom experience on your side.
Although it can be financially enticing to represent oneself, most of us do not know the specific intricacies of California family law. As a result, people are often taken advantage of. Make sure this does not happen to you by having an experienced San Jose family law attorney by your side to protect you and your rights every step of the way.
Need Help? Call Our San Jose Family Law Firm for a Consultation
Making the decision to file for divorce and/or seek child custody can be hard, especially when domestic violence is involved. Legal matters are tedious and confusing, which is largely the reason why lawyers receive such extensive training. It is not wise to take on this momentous task alone — too much is at stake.
When you retain one of the local San Jose family lawyers at Gomez Edwards Law Group, LLP you can rest assured that your best interests are being protected and represented with impassioned and empathetic dedication, and to the maximum extent of the law.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation so we can discuss the details of your case and how we can help.
Get In touCh
Please contact us for a Consultation.
Please send us your message today.
Please do not include any confidential information in this form. This form sends information by non-encrypted email which is not secure. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship. Thank you.
Gomez Edwards Law Group
2391 The Alameda, Suite 200
Santa Clara, CA 95050
9am to 5pm Mon-Fri
Gomez Edwards Law Group has represented clients in these San Francisco Bay Area cities: Atherton, Campbell, Los Altos, Mountain View, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Santa Clara, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Palo Alto and more.
The law firm has also represented clients in:
Santa Clara County, Alameda County, San Mateo County, San Francisco County, Santa Cruz County, Marin County and more.